Too many things on my mind tonight so why not post something mundane like a list of favorite beauty products as a distraction? I have a few that I think are go-to fabulous. Please share yours!
1. Lollia Shea Butter Hand Cream. Mom bought this in South Port near Bald Head Island, North Carolina. She shared it with me and if you put this on your hands at night, they are still soft in the morning. The scent is lovely but not overpowering. The small tubes are $25 each so it probably isn't your daily hand cream but I find it to be luxurious.
2. I love Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. It's yellow and the best bottles come with a pump. Clinique is now selling the jumbo size for $36. It'll last quite a while and makes your skin feel young and soft.
3. John Frieda Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Hair Spray. Have you tried it? If you have course, thick hair that must have a different foundational ethnic background than Caucasian (like me), this is the best product. My hair is not naturally curly but it IS naturally frizzy so after straightening it small section by section for hours, this is the finishing product to use! This is $7.99 at CVS and only $4.99 at Target online. AND this comes in a travel size at CVS.
4. When it comes to mascara, I've tried them all. After many disappointments, I always come crawling back to my true love: L'Oreal's Voluminous Black Noir Mascara with the curved brush. NOTE: The curved brush is very important here. This does not clump. It separates the lashes nicely and even curls during application. I do use a lash curler before putting on mascara. It works. The cost is dynamite. In fact, this product is buy one get one half off at Walgreens. $7.99 regular price.
5. MAC makeup is outrageously priced but 100% worth it. I learned about MAC makeup as a television news reporter. It has light reflecting qualities that help our faces look smoother and brighter under most types of lightening. The best current product is the MAC Prep & Prime. This comes in many shades so you'll have to test it on your skin. I have dark circles under my eyes from a childhood of taking Theophylline for Asthma. Nothing helps, nothing works except for MAC Prep & Prime. Try it. It has so many uses. $30 for a small tube.
6. Epielle Cucumber Cleaning Tissues. These are $2 at Big Lots. Best deal out there for makeup remover. You can take off your eye makeup so you don't have to rub mascara off with a washcloth and if you have a terrible day you can just take makeup off with these wet wipes and snuggle into bed without washing your face.
7. Neutrogena MoistureShine Lip Gloss. $8.99 This stays on over lipstick nicely and comes in beautiful shades. I find the tube actually lasts for quite some time because you don't have to reapply like crazy.
**Blogger did not receive free products, discounts, correspondence or requests from any of the mentioned product makers.